Nestled in the Meon Valley, surrounded by fields and woodlands, The Bucks Head is a beautiful 16th Century inn, recently refurbished with a stylish and contemporary interior design.
On the tranquil banks of the river Meon, The Bucks Head lies in the picturesque village of Meonstoke, with its Grade II listed Saxon church next door and charming flint and thatched homes throughout the neighbouring villages.
Nearby you can enjoy many beautiful walks or cycle rides, including Old Winchester Hill, the dis-used Meon Valley Railway Line and the South Downs Way.
The village of Meonstoke lies approximately:
10 Miles north of Fareham
16 Miles north of Portsmouth
17 Miles north of Southampton
16 Miles south of Alton
12 Miles east of Winchester
12 Miles west of Petersfield
And only 15 minutes from the M3 or the M27.
- Marwell Zoological Park
- Historic town of Winchester (King Arthur’s Round Table)
- Portsmouth Maritime Dockyards (HMS Victory & Mary Rose)
- D-Day Museum
- The Solent & Isle of Wight
- New Forest National Park
- The Mid Hants Railway
- Jane Austen’s House
- Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway
- Beaulieu Motor Museum
- South Downs Way
- Queen Elizabeth Country Park
- Butser Hill Ancient Farm
A few events throughout the year are:
- Christmas Day open for drinks
- Boxing Day Drag Hunt Meet
- Charity Duck Races (Plastic ducks of course!!)